Today is National Strawberry Cream Pie Day.
To celebrate, here’s a Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Stir in eggs. Fold in rhubarb making sure to coat well, then do the same with the strawberries. Pour mixture into pie crust. Place second crust on top being sure to cut slits into it to vent steam. Brush egg white on top crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until rhubarb is tender, and crust is golden.
Source: Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Pie